Thursday, February 28, 2008

See anything fun in the paper today?

KIVA - Kids In the Valley! was introduced today to the local Roanoke area through today's issue of The Roanoke Times. We would like to welcome any new readers who have learned about us by reading this article. My wife and I would also like to thank Ms. Jennie Tal for writing about our free monthly outdoor adventure club.

The story in today's paper can be found online here:
http://www.roanoke.com/extra/wb/152384

I am concerned about the sentence that states that I got tired of hearing about what my students are doing after school. If you are a present parent of one of my students or a parent from the past, you know that I frequently attend my student's games and activities after school and on the weekends. I also apologize for the word "most," as this wording does not properly reflect my feelings about my classes as a whole. I know many of my students attend many fantastic activities; such as sport practices, church services, scouts programs, and family fun activities. Again, I apologize for any way that this may take away from the amazing things you do with your families.

However, over all, I feel that the article captures our spirit of adventure and does a great job of welcoming all families to join us in thanking Roanoke for providing all of the fun places for us to play.

Please join us March 22nd for our third KIVA meeting of the year. If you would like to be added to our mailing list and to receive our monthly newsletter, please e-mail us at
KIVAinfo@gmail.com

Thank you all for visiting.
Chip Donahue

No comments: