Saturday, April 5, 2008

Domo.

Domo.

That's what I got from the bumper sticker of the car parked at the end of our road as I returned from my run this morning. Today, as I ran, I remembered it was Clean Valley Day. The world seems fresher and new. It is easy to see why April was chosen for National Poetry Month. Everything is inspiring. The yellow daffodils, the purple grape hyacinths, and the dainty periwinkles all were on parade. Lovely low to the ground violets, who come out a week before my birthday every year, were welcoming early buzzing bees. Even my favorite color, the blue in my wife's eyes, is sparkling even more it seems.

As I ran, I passed a few boxes in the road, a few bottles and various riff-raff. The same thought came to my head. We should get somebody to clean this up. I looked around and I thought of Betty Grable's quote: "I've got two reasons for success, and I am standing on both of them."

Something we tell the students all the time...If it is to be it is up to me...

So, I came back from my run, boxes, bottles, cigarette containers, cups, etc. in hand. And I truly received a parade for my efforts, thanks to the flowers and the budding trees... plus the little guy waving to me on the bumper sticker, saying "Domo."

Yes, we will be there. Rain or shine to continue to clean up for Clean Valley Day. I hope you can join us. Fishburn Park - 10 AM til 2 PM. Bring a picnic lunch, some gloves, and whatever reason you may have for success. Hope to see you there. Doughnuts donated by Krispy Kreme. Until they run out!

No comments: